Hitchin fun day raises £1,100 in memory of Stevenage 27-year-old Francesca
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,100 has been raised at a fun day in memory of Stevenage woman Francesca Barrow.
The fun day at Hitchin's Anchor pub on Sunday was in support for Friends Raising Awareness Now, or FRAN, set up after Francesca passed away aged just 27.
There was family fun aplenty on the day, with superheroes the big attraction.
Francesca's mum, Carmel Brown, said: "Despite the rain, the event was great. Everyone had a fabulous time.
"We had lots of characters there making the children smile.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all the people who were involved, especially my friends and family.
"Stonehill School in Letchworth and Our Lady's School in Hitchin made some beautiful bunting for us to decorate the garden.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
"Including a cake and the JustGiving page, we've raised £1,170 - which is brilliant."