Hitchin fun day raises £1,100 in memory of Stevenage 27-year-old Francesca
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,100 has been raised at a fun day in memory of Stevenage woman Francesca Barrow.
The fun day at Hitchin's Anchor pub on Sunday was in support for Friends Raising Awareness Now, or FRAN, set up after Francesca passed away aged just 27.
There was family fun aplenty on the day, with superheroes the big attraction.
Francesca's mum, Carmel Brown, said: "Despite the rain, the event was great. Everyone had a fabulous time.
"We had lots of characters there making the children smile.
"I would like to thank all the people who were involved, especially my friends and family.
"Stonehill School in Letchworth and Our Lady's School in Hitchin made some beautiful bunting for us to decorate the garden.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Cyclist remains in hospital after collision with bus
- 7 Council leader and competitive figure skater takes to the ice
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
"Including a cake and the JustGiving page, we've raised £1,170 - which is brilliant."