Hitchin Food and Drink Festival declared the ‘best one yet’
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s culinary event this weekend drew the crowds to Market Place and High Street despite some poor weather.
With the town fast gaining a reputation as a foodie’s paradise the Hitchin Food and Drink Festival, which took place on Saturday and Sunday, attracted hundreds of punters to sample award-winning delights.
Hitchin town centre manager Keith Hoskins told the Comet: “I was at the event a lot over the course of the weekend. It was the best one yet.
“It was good to see so many presentations from a number of celebrity chefs as wells as from local businesses.
“There was a great number of stalls from our Street Food Monthly vendors as well as from restaurants in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“The feedback we’ve had has been really good.”
The food festival was organised by Hitchin BID and supported by Hitchin Initiative.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers