Hitchin Food and Drink Festival declared the ‘best one yet’
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s culinary event this weekend drew the crowds to Market Place and High Street despite some poor weather.
With the town fast gaining a reputation as a foodie’s paradise the Hitchin Food and Drink Festival, which took place on Saturday and Sunday, attracted hundreds of punters to sample award-winning delights.
Hitchin town centre manager Keith Hoskins told the Comet: “I was at the event a lot over the course of the weekend. It was the best one yet.
“It was good to see so many presentations from a number of celebrity chefs as wells as from local businesses.
“There was a great number of stalls from our Street Food Monthly vendors as well as from restaurants in the town.
“The feedback we’ve had has been really good.”
The food festival was organised by Hitchin BID and supported by Hitchin Initiative.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam