Hitchin to host its first flashmob meditation event
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin resident has been busy preparing the town for its first ‘flashmob meditation’ event this weekend.
Kate Manley, a registered psychotherapist from Hitchin, has big plans for 'flashmob meditation' sessions in the town.
Flashmob meditations are pre-arranged gatherings where people converge in a public place to meditate and sit quietly together. These have taken place across the world, including in Trafalgar Square in 2015.
Now, Kate wants to bring this international event to Hitchin, and is hoping to see you at the first gathering on Sunday.
She said: "I believe a flashmob meditation would be a really great thing for the town, both in terms of personal and community wellbeing as well as a further boost to the image of the town and its businesses.
"Hitchin is my home town. I care about the people here and naturally Hitchin was my first choice for running this event.
"This isn't for Extinction Rebellion, nor any political or religious reason. I'm just a caring and hopeful person who wants to make a difference."
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
For those interested, the 15-minute gathering will start at 11am in Hitchin's Market Square.