Hitchin firm’s plea for help so Letchworth girl with genetic disorder can get dream bedroom
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin firm is looking to the community to help give a 17-year-old Letchworth girl with a genetic disorder the bedroom she craves.
Nikita Fairclough lives with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome – a connective disorder affecting her joints and autonomic system – and has missed out on a lot over the years.
But the paint-spraying and property maintenance team at Just Spray are determined to provide Nikita with a bigger room on the ground floor of the Glebe Road house to reflect her personality and not her medical condition.
Mum Lara Fairclough said: “Nikita has not been able to participate in a lot of things kids her age do.
“But she is determined not to let any of this get in the way of achieving all that she wants in life.
“Of course she is still trying to come to terms with a lot of things but she is getting there. She is a truly remarkable girl.
“Over the last year her very small bedroom has become full of medical equipment and looks more like a hospital room than a teenager’s bedroom.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
“Nikita is desperate for her room to reflect something of her and not her medical needs, which would be much more relaxing to her.”
Last year Just Spray carried out its first goodwill project to give MS sufferer Lee Gibbs the garden of his dreams, and director Lee Hodgkins is hoping for the community’s support once more. Lee – who has already been supported by Huxley Electrical Services, A&H Property, ASK Physio and Herts Timber – hopes to start the week-long project on Monday, July 27.
But the team still need a carpenter and donations of wood flooring and home furnishings, as well as any helpers willing to give up their time for a good cause.
Lee said: “Hard work, determination and doing good things in the community pay dividends and gives a business a good name.”
If you can help, get in touch with Lee by calling 07932 254538 or visit www.justspray.co.uk.