Hitchin firm Just Spray need your help to tackle good cause job
- Credit: Archant
The director of a Hitchin-based firm is calling on the public to nominate a group or individual who they think deserves to have maintenance work done by a task force of volunteers.
Work for The Good Cause Project – organised by painting firm Just Spray and backed by the Comet – is due to start in July, but right now the company is asking for people to come forward who need their help.
So far the business has received two nominations, one for a playgroup in Hitchin, and another for a Hatfield care home for elderly dementia patients.
Just Spray director Lee Hodgkins said: “We are reaching out to anyone that feels they have a cause that is worth helping. It could be doing someone’s garden or some painting.”
Last year Lee organised the renovation of the Letchworth garden of his friend Lee Gibbs, who has multiple sclerosis.
You may also want to watch:
Determined not to stop there, Lee vowed to make the Good Cause Project an annual event and now it’s back for 2015.
He said: “It was really rewarding. It was so satisfying doing something for another person.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The director is also calling on companies in the surrounding area to pitch in and help with the project, whether it be donating materials or helping out as volunteers.
So far Heaven and Earth Landscapers, A and H Properties, ASK Physio and 1st Choice Car Valeting have already pledged their time and support.
Lee said: “Everybody should have that community spirit to help other people. There are some major companies in Hitchin and the surrounding area so it would be great if they could get involved.”
Lee’s father Ian is an associate of Just Spray. He said: “As his dad, I’m so proud of the fact that he’s always helping people out, he’s always been like that.
“Everybody should do something nice for someone. We are asking people if we can inspire them to help.”
To find out more about Just Spray and the project visit www.justspray.co.uk or call Lee on 07707 433999.