Hitchin Fire Station ‘credit’ to town
STAFF at Hitchin Fire Station know the sure fire way to success, after receiving the best score for its station for the second year in a row.
The station scored a four - the highest rating in the audit system - when Hertfordshire fire officers visited the station.
Staff were commended, with the inspecting officer stating he was “particularly pleased with the attitude of the crews who worked extremely hard throughout the inspection process”.
He added that the crew were a “credit to the Hitchin community”.
David Rees, station commander when inspectors visited in February, said: “All areas are excelling in their performance and as a station commander I cannot ask for more, although I will.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an excellent audit score and the station has worked very hard to not only achieve this result but through out the year.
“It reflects not only on the personnel on duty on the morning of the inspection but to all areas of the station, wholetime and retained firefighters and the volunteer unit.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
“This inspection confirms that Hitchin Fire Station is a credit to Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service and the Hitchin community for whom they serve.”