Hitchin filmmaker wins Bafta for The Bigger Picture
- Credit: Archant
It was celebrations all round for a former Hitchin Boys’ School student who won a Bafta last night.
Filmmaker Max Wiliams won best British Short Animation in 2015 for his film The Bigger Picture at the world-renowned awards ceremony hosted by Stephen Fry.
Max’s proud mum Pam Rhodes, the much-loved host of Songs of Praise, told the Comet: “I’m so happy and proud for Max. We got a message from him at 6am this morning telling us – I think he may have enjoyed last night and deservedly so!
“He was over the moon. He’s a such a modest person and will be the first to tell you it was a team effort – but they won their Bafta through sheer skill and talent, and they very much deserve their success as it was such an innovative film.
“I am so proud of him, it’s great for him – and it’s great for Hitchin too.
You may also want to watch:
“Max told us there was a very good vibe about their work last night, and hopefully it will be matched at the Oscars later this month – fingers crossed!”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising