Hitchin Festival organisers produce a jam-packed programme for 2016!
- Credit: Archant
The official programme for a month-long community festival in Hitchin is out now – and organisers can’t wait for you to read it.
Hitchin Festival is back again this year with more than 100 different events for you to choose from – with a newly printed programme to help make those difficult decisions.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “It’s the essential guide to the festival which runs from Saturday, July 2, to Saturday, July 30. The 44-page programme is free and is our biggest yet.
“It’s a real team effort – a big thanks to all involved including Tony Phillips, Tim Wheeler, Glyn Doggett and Sarah Rutt, as well as many others.”
This year’s festival features Hitchin Band’s 150th Anniversary Concert at St Mary’s Church on Saturday, July 2 from 7.30pm.
On the same day is Hitchin Fire Station Open Day at Newtons Way with an invitation to visit the site – where there will again be teddy parachuting among other activities!
On Saturday, July 9 there will be the annual silliness on the river next to St Mary’s with the duck race raising money for good causes.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
See the official programme for a full list of events.