Hitchin Festival 2013 launches
- Credit: Archant
A FESTIVAL kicked off yesterday (Monday), marking the start of a five-week long bonanza showcasing arts, music and other activities.
Hitchin Festival features more than 100 events this year, running through until July 28.
Over the course of the five weeks, there will be concerts, exhibitions, walks and talks, and food tasting.
Other highlights include the annual Priory Picnic with music and fireworks on July 7, and a series of events organised by Rhythms of the World, including a family fun day, on the weekend of July 13.
But tickets have been selling well for all events, which will be held at various venues across the town.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “It’s going very well.
“Everything is really selling quite steadily and I think we have got 110, 112, listings in the programme.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“We’ve been really, really busy, and are very enthusiastic about it.”
Visit www.hitchin-festival.co.uk to view the listings, or see the pull-out in last week’s Comet.
Tickets can be bought from Hitchin Initiative offices in Churchyard, Hitchin, or by calling 01462 453336.