Hitchin Festival 2013 launches
- Credit: Archant
A FESTIVAL kicked off yesterday (Monday), marking the start of a five-week long bonanza showcasing arts, music and other activities.
Hitchin Festival features more than 100 events this year, running through until July 28.
Over the course of the five weeks, there will be concerts, exhibitions, walks and talks, and food tasting.
Other highlights include the annual Priory Picnic with music and fireworks on July 7, and a series of events organised by Rhythms of the World, including a family fun day, on the weekend of July 13.
But tickets have been selling well for all events, which will be held at various venues across the town.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “It’s going very well.
“Everything is really selling quite steadily and I think we have got 110, 112, listings in the programme.
- 1 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Tesco and Aldi among supermarkets issuing 'do not eat' warnings
- 4 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 5 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 6 Baldock Charter Fair returns this week!
- 7 Starry-eyed Letchworth students meet Britain’s first astronaut
- 8 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 9 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 10 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
“We’ve been really, really busy, and are very enthusiastic about it.”
Visit www.hitchin-festival.co.uk to view the listings, or see the pull-out in last week’s Comet.
Tickets can be bought from Hitchin Initiative offices in Churchyard, Hitchin, or by calling 01462 453336.