Hitchin Festival 2013 launches
- Credit: Archant
A FESTIVAL kicked off yesterday (Monday), marking the start of a five-week long bonanza showcasing arts, music and other activities.
Hitchin Festival features more than 100 events this year, running through until July 28.
Over the course of the five weeks, there will be concerts, exhibitions, walks and talks, and food tasting.
Other highlights include the annual Priory Picnic with music and fireworks on July 7, and a series of events organised by Rhythms of the World, including a family fun day, on the weekend of July 13.
But tickets have been selling well for all events, which will be held at various venues across the town.
You may also want to watch:
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “It’s going very well.
“Everything is really selling quite steadily and I think we have got 110, 112, listings in the programme.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
“We’ve been really, really busy, and are very enthusiastic about it.”
Visit www.hitchin-festival.co.uk to view the listings, or see the pull-out in last week’s Comet.
Tickets can be bought from Hitchin Initiative offices in Churchyard, Hitchin, or by calling 01462 453336.