Hitchin farmer is king of the marrow growers
A FORMER farmer has proved he is king of the marrow growers by cultivating one that measures approximately 63 inches in length.
Alberto Marcantonio, of Lancaster Avenue in Hitchin, is a keen gardener and says that it reminds him of when he was a farmer in southern Italy.
Mr Marcantonio said: “I just watered it.
“Some people eat marrow and it can be cooked. Last year I grew one that was 46 inches long.”
If you have grown a giant vegetable then The Comet would like to hear from you.
You may also want to watch:
Contact us on 01438 866200 email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?