Hitchin family business branches while new names hit the town
- Credit: Archant
A family business which specialises in food and drink is expanding into interior design and soft furnishings.
Ellene Nye, wife of Howard Nye, who jointly owns Hermitage Rd bar and restaurant with his brother James, will be expanding the small coffee shop on the ground floor of the business into the empty vacant unit next door.
The 30-year-old will offer customers more seating as well as a shopping experience.
Speaking before the opening, which is expected to be in the middle of October, Mrs Nye said: “I have always had a career in hospitality, but have always had an interested in interior design, with this I wanted to take the brand of Hermitage Rd and expand it to more than just food and drink. The new business will be called Hermitage Rd and Co.”
The news comes as another business in Hermitage Road, Expressions Bridalwear, has decided to stop selling wedding and bridesmaid dresses at the store to begin trading as Love The Look Ladies and Mens Fashion.
The company will be selling off its current stock on online auction website eBay following the change in direction, which will see the store specialise in men’s formal wear for weddings which includes a bespoke suit service.
A launch event takes place both tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
Hitchin town centre will also boast another two new businesses by the end of the month, with mother and baby retailer JoJo Maman Bébé opening its doors in Bancroft on Friday and Hillmans Burger set to follow suit on September 29.
The new burger bar, which will also offer a takeaway service, will be based at the former premises of Woodbridge Shoes in Churchyard.
Hillmans Burger owner Nahid Sameni, 57, said: “I love Hitchin, I think it is a lovely town and I have owned a business here before. We used to own Perfect Pizza a few years back. I am now going into business with my son and we hope it will serve the town well.”