Hitchin family business branches while new names hit the town
- Credit: Archant
A family business which specialises in food and drink is expanding into interior design and soft furnishings.
Ellene Nye, wife of Howard Nye, who jointly owns Hermitage Rd bar and restaurant with his brother James, will be expanding the small coffee shop on the ground floor of the business into the empty vacant unit next door.
The 30-year-old will offer customers more seating as well as a shopping experience.
Speaking before the opening, which is expected to be in the middle of October, Mrs Nye said: “I have always had a career in hospitality, but have always had an interested in interior design, with this I wanted to take the brand of Hermitage Rd and expand it to more than just food and drink. The new business will be called Hermitage Rd and Co.”
The news comes as another business in Hermitage Road, Expressions Bridalwear, has decided to stop selling wedding and bridesmaid dresses at the store to begin trading as Love The Look Ladies and Mens Fashion.
You may also want to watch:
The company will be selling off its current stock on online auction website eBay following the change in direction, which will see the store specialise in men’s formal wear for weddings which includes a bespoke suit service.
A launch event takes place both tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Hitchin town centre will also boast another two new businesses by the end of the month, with mother and baby retailer JoJo Maman Bébé opening its doors in Bancroft on Friday and Hillmans Burger set to follow suit on September 29.
The new burger bar, which will also offer a takeaway service, will be based at the former premises of Woodbridge Shoes in Churchyard.
Hillmans Burger owner Nahid Sameni, 57, said: “I love Hitchin, I think it is a lovely town and I have owned a business here before. We used to own Perfect Pizza a few years back. I am now going into business with my son and we hope it will serve the town well.”