Hitchin creative community group machine wins ‘robot wars’
- Credit: Archant
A community organisation devoted to providing people with a place to explore all kinds of creative technologies and crafts is celebrating after a robot they designed and built saw off similar prototypes from other groups around the country.
Hitchin Hackspace created the mechanical masterpiece through collaborative work before entering a national competition.
The machine, called Come Here And Say That, took on other gadgets from various hackspace groups around the country in a form of Robot Wars – replicating the popular technological game show series in which robots fight each other.
The Hitchin hero made it to the final against Stoke, before being declared the champion.
Mark Mellors – pictured above with colleagues Andy Mansfield and Rob Berwick – said: “It was great our robot won the national competition.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good fun as we took on other designs from all over the country, in our own version of Robot Wars.”
Hitchin Hackspace meets every Monday night at Ransom’s Pavilion off Alexandra Road, and the second Tuesday of the month at The Victoria pub in Ickleford Road.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
To find out more, visit the hackhitchin.org.uk website.