Hitchin couple wins dream wedding
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have won their dream wedding, thanks to a little help from the Comet and a North Herts venue.
Evie Lieberherr and Jonathan Grieves were selected from more than 100 other couples to win the wedding at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
The competition, backed by the Comet, asked brides and grooms to submit an application explaining why they deserved to win.
Evie, who originally hails from north Switzerland but now lives in Hitchin with Jonathan, entered the competition before she and Jonathan got engaged.
“I thought he might ask me soon so I planned to enter the competition knowing he would love the place,” said Evie, who works as a nurse at Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
“He did not know anything about it, but shortly after he asked me to marry him and of course I said yes. The lovely venue will make it all the more memorable for us.”
Evie met Jonathan, a building surveyor student, in 2008 after she applied to an advert to become his housemate.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
They quickly became friends and started up a relationship two years later.
The couple will be given a wedding for 60 people at Letchworth Hall, with room hire, sparkling wine and canapes on arrival, wedding breakfast, wine with their meal, sparkling wine for a toast, and the evening wedding buffet.
They will also enjoy an overnight stay, giving them the chance to take in the grand country estate surroundings.
Tony Murdock, cluster general manager for Letchworth Hall’s parent group Fairview Hotels, said: “We will do our best to ensure that they have a lovely day.
“I want Letchworth to be at the front of people’s mind when they are choosing a wedding venue and we will do our part to make it very special.”