Hitchin couple wins dream wedding
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have won their dream wedding, thanks to a little help from the Comet and a North Herts venue.
Evie Lieberherr and Jonathan Grieves were selected from more than 100 other couples to win the wedding at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
The competition, backed by the Comet, asked brides and grooms to submit an application explaining why they deserved to win.
Evie, who originally hails from north Switzerland but now lives in Hitchin with Jonathan, entered the competition before she and Jonathan got engaged.
“I thought he might ask me soon so I planned to enter the competition knowing he would love the place,” said Evie, who works as a nurse at Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City.
“He did not know anything about it, but shortly after he asked me to marry him and of course I said yes. The lovely venue will make it all the more memorable for us.”
Evie met Jonathan, a building surveyor student, in 2008 after she applied to an advert to become his housemate.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
They quickly became friends and started up a relationship two years later.
The couple will be given a wedding for 60 people at Letchworth Hall, with room hire, sparkling wine and canapes on arrival, wedding breakfast, wine with their meal, sparkling wine for a toast, and the evening wedding buffet.
They will also enjoy an overnight stay, giving them the chance to take in the grand country estate surroundings.
Tony Murdock, cluster general manager for Letchworth Hall’s parent group Fairview Hotels, said: “We will do our best to ensure that they have a lovely day.
“I want Letchworth to be at the front of people’s mind when they are choosing a wedding venue and we will do our part to make it very special.”