Hitchin couple’s bid for Christmas number one
A CLASSIC Christmas number one is what one Comet country singer-songwriter is aiming for.
Singing teacher Laura Gillions, 27, and her partner, guitar teacher Paul McHugh, 39, from Hitchin were fed up with Christmas number ones “that are never about Christmas”, so they have recorded one themselves.
“The really good sing-a-long, dance-a-long Christmas songs just aren’t being written anymore,” Laura said, “so I decided to stop complaining about it and write one myself.”
The song, Only At Christmas, has a Queen flavour with “a rocky edge as well as a catchy pop melody,” Laura said, and also features the vocals of one of her students, 15-year-old Megan Close.
Laura said: “We wanted to take the opportunity to showcase some young local talent. We want creative teenagers out there to realise that going on The X Factor is not the only way to get into the industry.”
You may also want to watch:
To hear a clip of the song, which is downloadable in full from iTunes, Spotify, Amazon digital and Reverbnation, click on the video.
- 1 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows