Hitchin couple celebrate golden wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple who will mark their golden wedding anniversary, today, Saturday, are still going to bingo – where their romance ignited more than 50 years ago.
Tony Lines spotted his future wife Marie while playing bingo in 1961 and decided to ask her out while she was standing in the queue for the toilets.
Three years later, on September 6, 1964, the couple got married.
Tony, 70, and Marie, 67, who live in Bedford Road, Hitchin, will mark their 50th wedding anniversary with a meal at the Novotel in Stevenage.
“Throughout the years we have mucked about and we have relied and trusted each other,” said Tony.
You may also want to watch:
“We do everything together – from gardening to going to the bingo.”
The couple, who are great-grandparents are now both enjoying their retirement, spending time with family and friends.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?