Hitchin–based charity in urgent appeal during crisis
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin–based counselling charity is appealing for “urgent” public support to enable it to keep operating during the coronavirus crisis.
Tilehouse Counselling, which works with more than 100 people from North Herts aged 13 and up each week, has postponed all fundraising events and say they are “very concerned” about reduced future funding.
Now, the Hitchin–based charity is appealing for the public’s help in keeping it operational during these uncertain times.
Director, Sue Barnes said: “In spite of the challenges we face, we remain absolutely committed to keeping our counselling service available in our community. We are acutely aware that mental health problems are not going to lessen during these difficult and extraordinary times”.
Tilehouse is still offering telephone counselling to clients, and are still receiving new enquiries for support.
You may also want to watch:
To show your support, visit tilehouse.org/donate
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?