Hitchin club feared to be homeless finds new home
A SPORTS club which feared it may be homeless when its venue closed this autumn has found a new home.
Hitchin Judo Club, which currently meets in Hitchin Town Hall, has been searching for a new location for the past 12 months.
The town hall will close in October, in order to undergo a multi-million pound refurbishment.
The judo club, which has been based at the hall for 50 years, has just secured a new home at Hitchin Boys’ School Sports Centre.
Michael Orton, coach and treasurer, said: “We are delighted and relieved to have found this ideal location.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a traditional gymnasium, light and airy with a sprung floor and it will make a brilliant dojo. It’s very close to where we are now, so nobody has to re-plan their journey.”
Another club which currently uses the town hall will also be based at the grammar school from now on.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
From today, Hitchin Ki Aikido Club classes will be moved – enquiries are to be made to Louise on 07783 373982.
For more information on the judo club – including changes to sessions – use the link, top right.