Hitchin classic car club makes magazines top 10 for club of the year award
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin classic car club has made the top 10 of a car magazine’s club of the year award.
H-Town Classic and Dub Club only formed 18 months ago, but they are now in with a chance of winning Practical Classic Magazine’s UK Club of the Year Award.
150 clubs entered the award, which was then whittled down to 30, before being cut to the final 10.
H-Town organiser Felix Camfield-Walker said: “I’m truly amazed at how we’ve gone from a simple idea only 18 months ago to one of the top 10 clubs in the UK.
“Thank you to all who voted for us.”
You may also want to watch:
“Hitchin is now officially and literally on the map in the classic car world.”
Judges from Practical Classics magazine will visit the 10 clubs at the end of June, with the winner being announced on Wednesday, August 7.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The club meets in Hitchin’s Market Place on the last Monday of every month, with the next meet set for April 29.