Hitchin classic car club makes magazines top 10 for club of the year award
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin classic car club has made the top 10 of a car magazine’s club of the year award.
H-Town Classic and Dub Club only formed 18 months ago, but they are now in with a chance of winning Practical Classic Magazine’s UK Club of the Year Award.
150 clubs entered the award, which was then whittled down to 30, before being cut to the final 10.
H-Town organiser Felix Camfield-Walker said: “I’m truly amazed at how we’ve gone from a simple idea only 18 months ago to one of the top 10 clubs in the UK.
“Thank you to all who voted for us.”
“Hitchin is now officially and literally on the map in the classic car world.”
Judges from Practical Classics magazine will visit the 10 clubs at the end of June, with the winner being announced on Wednesday, August 7.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 5 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
The club meets in Hitchin’s Market Place on the last Monday of every month, with the next meet set for April 29.