Hitchin church to put on musical for Seraph
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin church is putting on a musical play this week as part of their 150th anniversary celebrations and to support Team Super Seraph.
Members of Walsworth Road Baptist Church are performing John Bunyan’s Pilgrim at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday, with all proceeds being donated to Seraph Thomas, a four-year-old from the town with high-risk neuroblastoma who needs treatment in the USA.
The performance is also part of the church’s 150th anniversary celebrations.
Steve Partridge is one of the organisers, and told the Comet: “The idea is to share good news within the community and hold a series of different events that is about having the opportunity to give something back and connect with the local community who may not always come to church.
“Some events are free, some come with a small cost to cover costs and have the ability to donate to different causes.”
You may also want to watch:
To get your tickets visit www.wrbchitchin.org.uk/events.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home