Hitchin church to put on musical for Seraph
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin church is putting on a musical play this week as part of their 150th anniversary celebrations and to support Team Super Seraph.
Members of Walsworth Road Baptist Church are performing John Bunyan’s Pilgrim at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday, with all proceeds being donated to Seraph Thomas, a four-year-old from the town with high-risk neuroblastoma who needs treatment in the USA.
The performance is also part of the church’s 150th anniversary celebrations.
Steve Partridge is one of the organisers, and told the Comet: “The idea is to share good news within the community and hold a series of different events that is about having the opportunity to give something back and connect with the local community who may not always come to church.
“Some events are free, some come with a small cost to cover costs and have the ability to donate to different causes.”
To get your tickets visit www.wrbchitchin.org.uk/events.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map