Hitchin Christmas light switch-on to be ‘biggest yet’
FESTIVE fun is guaranteed in Hitchin tonight (Friday), as the Christmas light switch-on comes to town.
Billed to be the largest switch-on in the town to date, the fun will begin at 4pm with the plunger scheduled for 7pm.
More than 20 stalls run by local traders and organisations will be there, and a number of shops will extend their opening hours.
There will also be a Christmas bar, food stalls, game stalls, raffles, tombolas and a mini firetruck for youngsters to explore.
And a festive photobooth will be on hand, with Sid the Snowman and Reina Reindeer posing with people for snaps for just �1 in aid of Help the Hospices.
You may also want to watch:
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “We’re very excited that the Christmas tree lights switch-on just gets bigger every year, and thrilled to have so many local traders on board to provide great stalls, food and music for everyone to enjoy.”
The lights will be turned on by Heart Radio breakfast presenter Stuart Miles, who will also provide entertainment, alongside a number of musicians.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
“It is great to be able to welcome Stuart back again after he did a fantastic job last year, and we are extremely excited to have Sing It Loud Choir and The Melodybeats perform for us with the groups heading to The Sir John Barleycorn later that evening for those who want a bit more,” added Mr Hoskins.
• Going to the switch-on? We’d like to see your pictures! Submit via www.iwitness24.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @laura_burge and @thecomet24