Hitchin Christian Centre renamed Zeo Church
- Credit: Archant
It’s not often one sees a church rename itself, but that’s what Hitchin Christian Centre has just done.
The church, in Bedford Road, is now called Zeo Church.
Senior pastor Matt Summerfield said: “Zeo is a word from the Bible which means ‘passion’, and we are passionate about seeing people thrive and flourish in every part of their lives – emotionally, physically, relationally, mentally, financially, and spiritually.”
More than 330 people joined a celebratory launch with Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami as guest.
The Conservative MP, whose grandfather was an Anglican vicar, said: “I cannot think of a better, more joyous atmosphere than this church. It is absolutely mind-blowing, so continue doing what you’re doing.”
You may also want to watch:
The church meets at The Priory School on Sunday mornings and also runs weekly groups and courses, as well as community initiatives aimed at helping people out of debt, into work and more.
Matt said: “We hope that people will find welcome, inspiration and strength at Zeo Church – regardless of whether they have a faith or not. Life can be very hard, but we believe that together, with God, anything is possible.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
To find out more, see zeochurch.com.