Hitchin welcomed festive season with Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin came alive with festive spirit at the annual switch-on of the Christmas lights on Friday night.
The evening kicked off in Bancroft with a Christmas parade which brought Santa to the Market Place.
Father Christmas was soon joined by many of the town’s businesses including Talents, the Queen Mother Theatre, the Pilates Pod, The Car Agents, and Ladder 87, which ran a Christmas lights competition to determine who would switch-on the lights.
The lucky winner was Tilly Jeanes.
Hitchin BID manager Tom Hardy said: “The event personified the passion and support the local residents have for our historic market town.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere was incredible and showcased the town for what is hoped to be a busy Christmas period of shopping locally and support for our businesses.
“A big thank you to Dance and Fancy Dress of Hitchin for supplying the costumes as well as Hitchin Round Table for supplying the sleigh.”
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory