Hitchin choir perform at London 02
- Credit: Archant
IT’S KNOWN for hosting internationally renowned musicians, but for one night only members of a Comet country choir were the stars at London’s 02 Arena.
Hitchin Rock Choir joined other members across the country to perform at the prestigious venue.
More than 12,000 people performed at the arena on the night, with 71 of those from the Hitchin branch.
Hitchin leader Charlotte Greenhow said: “We worked really hard rehearsing for this fantastic event and it was all worth it.
“I’m so proud of everyone and it was great to see our flags and banners flying. Being able to sing with thousands of other Rock Choir members in such a huge and iconic arena was hugely uplifting and inspiring. The sound was just incredible.”
The choir, who sing a mix of pop, motown and gospel, already have top 20 albums and a world record to their name.
But the latest event has had a lasting event on the singers.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
Hitchin member Alex Fortune said: “The choir had an excellent time, despite the traffic jams attempting to delay us.
“It was an amazing experience and to say I’ve sung at the 02 is quite something.”
Hitchin Rock Choir is now taking a break for the summer but will resume weekly sessions on Tuesday, September 17.
The group, which meets at Hitchin Boys’ School, is offering interested people a free taster session.
Visit www.rockchoir.com to find out more.