Hitchin choir perform at London 02
- Credit: Archant
IT’S KNOWN for hosting internationally renowned musicians, but for one night only members of a Comet country choir were the stars at London’s 02 Arena.
Hitchin Rock Choir joined other members across the country to perform at the prestigious venue.
More than 12,000 people performed at the arena on the night, with 71 of those from the Hitchin branch.
Hitchin leader Charlotte Greenhow said: “We worked really hard rehearsing for this fantastic event and it was all worth it.
“I’m so proud of everyone and it was great to see our flags and banners flying. Being able to sing with thousands of other Rock Choir members in such a huge and iconic arena was hugely uplifting and inspiring. The sound was just incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir, who sing a mix of pop, motown and gospel, already have top 20 albums and a world record to their name.
But the latest event has had a lasting event on the singers.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Hitchin member Alex Fortune said: “The choir had an excellent time, despite the traffic jams attempting to delay us.
“It was an amazing experience and to say I’ve sung at the 02 is quite something.”
Hitchin Rock Choir is now taking a break for the summer but will resume weekly sessions on Tuesday, September 17.
The group, which meets at Hitchin Boys’ School, is offering interested people a free taster session.
Visit www.rockchoir.com to find out more.