Dramatic photos show damage after Hitchin car fire
- Credit: Archant
Striking photographs taken by a passer-by show the extent of damage a car fire caused in Hitchin.
Stefan Hill, from Stevenage, took the pictures on Monday afternoon – and expressed shock as he posted them on social media.
Firefighters from Hitchin Fire Station tackled the car fire in Bury Mead Road at 9.20am that morning, with one engine at the scene.
A hosereel and two sets of breathing apparatus were used to put out the blaze, which was out by 9.55am.
Police told the Comet the fire was “accidental and happened at a garage”.
The incident happened on the same day a lorry carrying scrap cars caught fire on the A505 Fishponds Road, between Butts Close and Hitchin Town’s Top Field football ground.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist