Hitchin businessman backs Stevenage cancer charity for a funky night of fundraising at Knebworth House
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin businessman is teaming up with a Stevenage-based charity to turn back the clock for a moneyspinning music event at Knebworth House.
The Let the Music Play event at the stately home on Saturday, November 21, aims to build on the success of an inaugural event last year which raised £5,000 for Cancer Hair Care.
Organised by Fatboy Productions in conjunction with Clinton Moulton of Clinton Moulton Security Ltd, the night is aimed at over 30s, with music and DJs picked to suit.
Organisers are hoping for 1,500 guests to boogie to a dozen top circuit DJs including Jeff Young from Jazz FM and DJ Bigger from Smooth Grooves.
Clinton, 49, is a childhood friend of Jo Gates – one of Cancer Hair Care’s hair loss specialists.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I lost my mum to cancer and have cut my hair off for cancer. Any cancer touches my heart.
“Last year’s event was a huge success and very special, I felt so good doing it and money cannot buy that. We hope that everyone will support this year’s event and help us raise more money.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
Charity founder Jasmin Julia Gupta said: “When Clinton offered to run Let the Music Play for a second year we were delighted. Last year we had 1,000 funky people hit the dance floor and raised over £5,000.”
“Most local people know that we have had a challenging year with the burglary in February, but the people of Hertfordshire stepped up to help us.
“Now we hope that people will fancy a few steps on the dance floor and come for a great night out.
“The grounds of Knebworth House are a fantastic venue and it really has an amazing atmosphere on the night. It’s a great night out and raises much needed funds for us to continue to support people through cancer treatment.
“The charity will be launching an exciting new fashion project on the night too, so watch this space.”
Tickets are available from Jo Gates Hair Salon, theticketsellers.co.uk or 0844 8700 000. Advanced tickets are £15. For support and information about the charity and the event visit www.cancerhaircare.com.