Hitchin Boys School family fun day today
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL will open its doors to the public this weekend to host one of the biggest free family events in the area.
Hitchin Boys School family fun day starts on Saturday, with organisers promising an array of activities and attractions on the day.
They include a bucking bronco, a giant bouncy castle, a classic and super car display, raffles, tombolas, archery, football, a Krypton Factor-style challenge and live music.
There is also a Star Wars theme this year, with a chance to meet the “characters” from the popular sci-fi series, courtesy of costume specialists UK Garrison.
And food and drink will also be served, with Indian, Thai, barbecue, ice cream and a licensed bar available.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Edwards, who is on the Parents’ Society organising committee, said: “Make a date in your diary and enjoy a great day out with your family at Hitchin Boys’ School family fun day.
“The day will offer something for everyone, with over 30 different stalls and attractions. All the family will find something they’d like to do or want to have a go at. The money raised will go to making a much needed outdoor seating area for the boys to enjoy their lunch, so why not come along and have fun while helping out a great school.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
The event, which is free, starts at 11am and goes on until 3pm at the Grammar School Walk school.