Hitchin born Olympic medalist Helen Richardson to marry Kate Walsh today
- Credit: Archant
TWO hockey players who contributed to a Great Britain team bronze in the London 2012 Olympics are to marry in a civil partnership ceremony.
Helen Richardson, who was born in Hitchin and lived in Stevenage until the age four, will marry her partner Kate Walsh, 33, who was the captain of GB’s woman’s hockey team on Saturday in Henley on Thames.
The pair, who now live in Maidenhead, Berkshire, and play for the town’s hockey club, have been together for five years.
Speaking to the Comet, Helen said: “The entire hockey training squad are invited to the wedding. I am really excited and looking forward to the day.”
The 31-year-old said when the pair is at work they are very professional and dedicated to playing hockey.
You may also want to watch:
“When we get home, we can switch off and separate work and home life.”
The couple have been engaged since January and will have a civil partnership.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation