Hitchin Boots burglars admit stealing £20,000 makeup haul
- Credit: Archant
A trio of burglars who stole a £20,000 haul of makeup from a Hitchin pharmacy have pleaded guilty, and will be sentenced by a crown court judge.
Police arrested 30-year-old Florentin Ciobanu, 31-year-old Marius Ciobanu and 29-year-old Bogdan Florea on the side of a motorway on Sunday, less than an hour after their dawn raid on Boots in Hitchin High Street.
The three men – all of New Acres in Wokingham, Berkshire – pleaded guilty to burglary at Hatfield Remand Court on Monday. Florea also pleaded guilty to driving a silver Volvo along the A505 out of Hitchin without a licence or insurance.
The trio were arrested by police shortly after 5.30am on Sunday near Junction 13 of the M1, close to Milton Keynes.
Officers initially estimated the value of the lipsticks and other cosmetics at £5,000, but court papers indicate a value of £20,000.
You may also want to watch:
The bench noted that there was a “high degree of organisation” involved in the theft of the goods and their intended disposal.
The three men were all remanded into custody and are set to be sentenced at St Albans Crown Court on February 23.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled