Hitchin bollards to be painted bright colours?
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL patterned bollards could be gracing a town centre next year.
Hitchin BID is looking at the possibility of getting community groups and artists involved in painting bollards bright colours in the town centre, to celebrate Hitchin Festival and the football World Cup.
It’s still early days, but town centre manager Keith Hoskins says people seem keen.
“It’s an idea that’s been floated by a couple of people,” he said. “We thought, with the World Cup and Hitchin Festival next year, it might be a nice idea to get different artists and groups to paint a bollard in Market Place. The BID company would supply materials.
“It’s just a bit of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hoskins said he planned to contact councillors asking if they would speak to officers at North Herts District Council and Herts County Council, whose permission would be needed.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?