Teenage boy suffers head injuries after attack with metal pole in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was struck over the head with a metal pole during an assault in Hitchin on Thursday.
Police are appealing for information following the incident which happened in Benslow Lane at around 4pm.
As the boy was walking along the path he was approached by a group of four or five teenagers who asked his name.
He was then attacked by the group and struck over the head with a metal pole. The victim suffered injuries to his arm and his head which required hospital treatment.
Det Con Kerry Burrows said: "At this time it is unclear why the boy was attacked and we are treating this as a very serious assault. We are appealing to anyone with any information to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe there may have been someone at the end of the alleyway just before the boy was assaulted and we are keen to trace this person. We also want to speak to anyone who saw a group of teenagers in the area, one of whom may have been carrying a metal pole."
Anyone with any information is asked to email DC Kerry Burrows at Kerry.email@example.com or call her on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/109735/19.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory