Hitchin Beer Festival 2013 to launch today
- Credit: Archant
THE final touches have been put in place for a beer festival which launches today (Thursday) at a brand new venue.
Hitchin Rugby Club will be hosting the town’s beer festival for the first time, with the event kicking off this evening.
The annual feature, which is organised by North Herts CAMRA and Hitchin Round Table and backed by the Comet, will be held at the club’s Old Hale Way premises across the outdoor area, clubhouse and a marquee.
Over the past week, organisers have been busy setting up the site and have also been handing out beer mats at Hitchin Railway Station to commuters, to promote the event.
The festival will be held today from 5pm and tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday from midday. It finishes at 11pm on all three days.
You may also want to watch:
As well as more than 70 beers, perry and cider available, there will also be wine, spirits and soft drinks.
Food will also be served.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
Going to the event? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @thecomet24
See next week’s paper for a round-up.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to view a gallery of pictures of the set-up.