Hitchin Beer Festival 2013 to launch today
- Credit: Archant
THE final touches have been put in place for a beer festival which launches today (Thursday) at a brand new venue.
Hitchin Rugby Club will be hosting the town’s beer festival for the first time, with the event kicking off this evening.
The annual feature, which is organised by North Herts CAMRA and Hitchin Round Table and backed by the Comet, will be held at the club’s Old Hale Way premises across the outdoor area, clubhouse and a marquee.
Over the past week, organisers have been busy setting up the site and have also been handing out beer mats at Hitchin Railway Station to commuters, to promote the event.
The festival will be held today from 5pm and tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday from midday. It finishes at 11pm on all three days.
As well as more than 70 beers, perry and cider available, there will also be wine, spirits and soft drinks.
Food will also be served.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby
Going to the event? Send your pictures to email@example.com or tweet @thecomet24
See next week’s paper for a round-up.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to view a gallery of pictures of the set-up.