Hitchin beauty spot set for upgrade
A NATURE reserve is set to get a massive upgrade, making life udderly wonderful for animals such as these bovine beauties.
The Oughtonhead Common Local Nature Reserve has got some exciting projects planned for the next five years to improve the areas for wildlife.
There will be more grassland for the longhorn cattle which graze there, habitat enhancements to the River Oughton and the creation of ponds.
And it’s not just the animals that are set to benefit, with viewing points, boardwalks and picnic areas all planned for visitors.
David Cannon, leader of the Friends of Oughtonhead Common, said: “The volunteers have a great time managing the common. They get to spend time improving this beautiful nature reserve, whilst spotting Red Kites and other exciting wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
“We always find time for a cup of tea, a biscuit and a natter, though.”
To get involved with the project or find out more, visit www.hertslink.org/cms/getactive/placestovisit/oughtonhead/
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation