Hitchin Band bold as brass
A COMET country band proved as bold as brass to clinch a national title.
Hitchin Band hit the right note to come away with first place at the National Brass Band Championships in Cheltenham last week.
It beat 17 other bands to the title.
Musical director Craig Patterson said: “I knew how good the bands from Yorkshire and the North West are from my student days.
“What pleased me was that the judges didn’t go for the volume of sound and looked deeper into the music on the score. All our players were superb.”
You may also want to watch:
The band will be playing at Hitchin Town Hall twice this month; on October 13 at 7pm for a British Legion Concert and on October 20 at 7.30pm to mark the hall’s closure.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed