Aspiring Hitchin bakers organise cake sale to raise money for pancreatic cancer
- Credit: Archant
A group of young bakers from Hitchin have decided to organise a cake sale for this weekend, in order to raise money for pancreatic cancer.
Phoebe Canell and her classmates, Juliane and Sophie from Hitchin Girls’ School, will sell their baked goods on a Hitchin market stall from 11am tomorrow (August, 15).
The group love to bake, and they decided to put their skills to work as they know many charities are struggling to raise funds due to COVID-19.
There will be a huge range of cakes, cookies, cupcakes, gingerbread men and more available tomorrow.
The girls say they chose pancreatic cancer as it is the fifth most common cause of deaths from cancer, yet there is still a limited awareness of it.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe’s mum, Katie, said: “We are hugely proud of the effort the girls are all making in preparing for the bake sale and encourage lots of people to come and find their stall in Hitchin market this Saturday, buy some of their goodies and help them raise as much money as possible for a really worthwhile cause.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation