Hitchin and Letchworth outdoor pools set to make a splash
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin and Letchworth’s outdoor pools are set to make a splash.
The heated Fishponds Road and Icknield Way pools, which have separate areas for toddlers, sunbathing spots and cafes, open for business today.
Councillor Jane Gray, responsible for leisure at North Herts District Council, said: “We are lucky to have two 50-metre outdoor pools in the area and we are proud to be able to provide people of all ages with the opportunity to use this great service throughout the summer months.”
Hitchin’s pool is open from 8am to 6.30pm on Monday to Friday and 8am to 6pm at the weekend.
In Letchworth opening hours are 7am to 6.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8am to 6.30pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 8.30am until 6pm on the weekend. Both pools are open until Sunday, September 6.
You may also want to watch:
For a full range of prices – which include various group concessions – visit www.stevenage-leisure.co.uk.
Pictured left getting ready for the opening at Hitchin are Hunny Gunadi, Sam Ospalak and Lewis Rainbow.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust