Hitchin and Letchworth outdoor pools set to make a splash
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin and Letchworth’s outdoor pools are set to make a splash.
The heated Fishponds Road and Icknield Way pools, which have separate areas for toddlers, sunbathing spots and cafes, open for business today.
Councillor Jane Gray, responsible for leisure at North Herts District Council, said: “We are lucky to have two 50-metre outdoor pools in the area and we are proud to be able to provide people of all ages with the opportunity to use this great service throughout the summer months.”
Hitchin’s pool is open from 8am to 6.30pm on Monday to Friday and 8am to 6pm at the weekend.
In Letchworth opening hours are 7am to 6.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8am to 6.30pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 8.30am until 6pm on the weekend. Both pools are open until Sunday, September 6.
For a full range of prices – which include various group concessions – visit www.stevenage-leisure.co.uk.
Pictured left getting ready for the opening at Hitchin are Hunny Gunadi, Sam Ospalak and Lewis Rainbow.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Cyclist remains in hospital after collision with bus