Hitchin and Letchworth outdoor pools open for the summer
- Credit: Archant
Outdoor pools are opening their doors today in Hitchin and Letchworth GC.
Both outdoor pools are heated and include smaller pools for toddlers and younger children, grassed areas for sunbathing and cafés providing refreshments and snacks.
Vaughan Watson, North Herts District Council’s Head of Leisure and Environmental Services said: “We hope we experience some hot sunny weather this summer so that as many people as possible make use of the outdoor pool facilities.
“We are lucky to have two 50 metre outdoor pools in the area and we are proud to be able to provide people of all ages with the opportunity to use this great service.”
The Hitchin outdoor pool on Fishponds Road will be open seven days a week from 8am to 6.30pm. The Letchworth facility on Norton Common will be open from 7am to 6.30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from 8am to 6.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 8.30am until 6.00pm at the weekend. Both pools will stay open until Sunday, September 7.
You may also want to watch:
There are a range of concessions available for families, multi-swim tickets and swim memberships, and pools can be hired for private functions and pool parties.
For more information visit www.north-herts.gov.uk/index/leisure_and_culture/leisure_and_sports_facilities
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?