Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group to get together again next weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group that met during the 1980s is set to reunite at its old meeting place next weekend.
The social group for people aged 18 to 30 used to hold events in Hitchin and Letchworth, as well as further afield.
Members met in the Hayloft at The George in Hitchin’s Bucklersbury, and they’ll be back there for a reunion meal at 5pm on Saturday, October 21.
Former member Shirley Goldsmith told the Comet: “I won’t have met most of the people who were in Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group for around 30 years, so feel quite excited about catching up with them again and hope I recognise everyone!”
Shirley said that in the group’s heyday an organising committee, elected twice yearly, would arrange events in tandem with other 18 Plus groups across Herts and Beds.
“On a Saturday night we’d travel around to different 18 Plus groups in the area for dances, where all the different 18 Plus groups in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire would get together,” she said.
“Holidays to Caister, near Great Yarmouth, with other 18 Plus groups were also organised at Easter time.”
Anyone interested in the reunion can email Shirley at email@example.com.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change