Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group to get together again next weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group that met during the 1980s is set to reunite at its old meeting place next weekend.
The social group for people aged 18 to 30 used to hold events in Hitchin and Letchworth, as well as further afield.
Members met in the Hayloft at The George in Hitchin’s Bucklersbury, and they’ll be back there for a reunion meal at 5pm on Saturday, October 21.
Former member Shirley Goldsmith told the Comet: “I won’t have met most of the people who were in Hitchin and Letchworth 18 Plus Group for around 30 years, so feel quite excited about catching up with them again and hope I recognise everyone!”
Shirley said that in the group’s heyday an organising committee, elected twice yearly, would arrange events in tandem with other 18 Plus groups across Herts and Beds.
You may also want to watch:
“On a Saturday night we’d travel around to different 18 Plus groups in the area for dances, where all the different 18 Plus groups in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire would get together,” she said.
“Holidays to Caister, near Great Yarmouth, with other 18 Plus groups were also organised at Easter time.”
Anyone interested in the reunion can email Shirley at email@example.com.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas