Bim Afolami and Daisy Cooper both up for ‘MP of the year’ award
- Credit: Archant
Bim Afolami, Hitchin and Harpenden MP and Daisy Cooper, St Albans MP have been nominated for an award that could see one of them named 2020’s Member of Parliament of the year.
Both Mr Afolami, who has been MP for Hitchin and Harpenden since June 2017, and Ms Cooper, who has served the St Albans constituency since 2019, were nominated for Patchwork Foundation’s People’s Choice Awards, with the announcement being made public on Saturday.
The list includes names from across the political spectrum, including former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, Kirsty Blackman, and Health Secretary Matt Hancock.
Patchwork Foundation are a non-partisan charity that supports the participation of young people in democracy and civil society.
Nominations for the People’s Choice award close on August, 31.
You may also want to watch:
To cast your vote in this year’s MP of the Year awards, visit patchworkfoundation.org.uk/our-work/mp-of-the-year-awards/peoples_choice/.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation