Woman dies in Hitchin A602 crash tragedy – with three others in hospital with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a serious crash on the A602 in Hitchin on Saturday night, with three other people taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Emerency crews rushed to the scene of the serious two-car crash in Park Way shortly before 9.40pm – with firefighters attending to release some casualties who were trapped.
A police spokeswoman told the Comet this morning that, sadly, a woman in her 40s was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another woman was taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, while two men were taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for further treatment.
The ambulance service despatched four ambulances, the hazardous area response team, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Magpas Air Ambulance medical car, the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance medical car and an ambulance officer.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while the incident was investigated, and both vehicles were recovered.
Officers investigating the collision have requested that anyone who witnessed what happened, or who has any dash cam footage of the incident or the moments beforehand, contact them via the police non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 768 of August 12.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory