Hitchin 80s fashion guru part of The Firm
THE OWNER of a classic fashion store is getting a Fila stardom after a pivotal role in a film being released nationwide on Friday. Neil Primett who runs Planet Clothing in Hitchin, which specialises in 1980s sports casuals, is seeing his name up in ligh
THE OWNER of a classic fashion store is getting a Fila stardom after a pivotal role in a film being released nationwide on Friday.
Neil Primett who runs Planet Clothing in Hitchin, which specialises in 1980s sports casuals, is seeing his name up in lights after providing the wardrobe for new 1980s football hooligan film, The Firm.
As a consultant for Italian sports labels Fila and Sergio Tacchini, worn by Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe, and in clubs, pubs and stands across the UK in the 80s, he was chosen by director Nick Love to provide clothing for the movie.
The former Samuel Whitbread pupil said: "I have been heavily involved in organising the wardrobe since early 2008. I was also fortunate enough to be cast a small part as an 80s sports store manager with 80s bouffant in a key scene, which was also great fun and managed to get many young Hitchin lads in the film as extras.
"Myself and mates were hanging out in Hitchin wearing the clothes at 15 or 16 years old. On a personal level I remember having one outfit and living in it. It was the first time I ever remember people wanting to be involved in a brand. There was this aspiration to wear expensive clothing. To own an expensive clothes brand you thought you were somebody - it was the council house guy trying to show he had money.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game