Hit-and-run on A505 between Hitchin and Letchworth leaves cyclist with serious head injuries – as police hunt Mercedes driver
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has sustained serious head injuries after a hit-and-run on the edge of Hitchin in the early hours of Saturday morning.
At around 1.30am, a man in his 40s was riding along the A505 Cambridge Road, from Letchworth towards Hitchin, when he was involved in a crash with a dark coloured Mercedes.
The collision happened close to the Wyevale Garden Centre, with the man taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after sustaining a serious head injury.
Tim Hill, from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “The motorist involved in the collision failed to stop at the scene but his car would have suffered front end damage, so I’m appealing for anyone who believes they have seen this car – either shortly before the collision or afterwards – to get in touch.
“I would also like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision and has not already spoken to police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting ISR 61 of June 3.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision