Heslop praise for Boro’s debuting QPR loanee Andrade
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder Simon Heslop praised Boro winger Bruno Andrade after the QPR loanee made his full debut for the club on Saturday.
The Portuguese 20-year-old’s driving run and cross led to Stevenage’s opening goal in their 2-1 FA Cup first round proper win over Portsmouth at The Lamex Stadium on Saturday.
Heslop said: “Bruno came into the team and made his full debut, I think he’s done well and had a hand to play in the first goal.
“The wide players did look a bit lively today.
“Lucas [Akins] has worked hard for us as well, so I’m happy with our wide men today [Saturday].”
You may also want to watch:
Boro had led 2-0 at the break thanks to a first half Francois Zoko brace.
Ex-Stevenage loan player Gavin Mahon was sent-off early in the second period for the visitors, who then, despite being reduced to 10-men, had the better of the game.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
They pulled one back through David Connolly with 20 minutes to play, but Boro held on for the win.
Heslop added: “The sending off changed the game in some ways, we were comfortable up until then.
“I don’t know whether we were a little bit complacent after the sending off and thought the job was done or if they threw caution to the wind and thought they had nothing to lose, but it changed the game a little bit.
“We were hanging on towards the end, but we got the job done.”