Hundreds of Hertfordshire sports organisations up for HSP Lockdown Awards
- Credit: Archant
Voting for the Herts Sports Partnership Lockdown Awards is now open, with more than 100 sports clubs across Hertfordshire nominated for their lockdown efforts.
The awards are a one-off ceremony to highlight the achievements of Hertfordshire’s sporting community during the coronavirus lockdown.
There are five categories and voting is open until Sunday, September 6.
Among those nominated for ‘Most Inspiring Club’ are Stevenage Football Club and Stevenage FC Foundation, who played a vital part in the town with their Coronavirus Community Careline.
‘Best Active Lockdown Video’ could go to Welwyn-based tennis coach Neil’s ‘top bins’ video or St Albans’ Victoria Park FC for their footballing skills.
Royston Swimming Club and St Albans City Youth FC, among others, are both up for ‘Best Active Lockdown Photograph’.
North Herts Crusaders RLFC have also been nominated for ‘Best Use of Lockdown’.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 7 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 National award for Hitchin property company
- 10 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
Last, but certainly not least, ‘Best Lockdown Coach’ could be awarded to any one of the 34 finalists.
To cast your vote, visit sportinherts.org.uk/hsp-lockdown-awards