Police called to help evict travellers from Stevenage park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers that had set up on a Stevenage park have been moved on less than 24 hours after arriving, after interventions by the police and borough council.
Stevenage Borough Council were first notified of an unauthorised encampment at Fairlands Valley Park, and served a notice to evict the travellers yesterday.
The encampment then moved to Shephalbury Park last night.
A spokesman for Herts police confirmed the force were contacted at around 10.30pm last night to reports of an unauthorised encampment at Shephalbury Park, Stevenage.
He said: “Officers worked with the site’s landowners, Stevenage Borough Council, to resolve the matter as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“By 1pm today, the park was clear.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket