Hertfordshire pharmacies appeal against stockpiling medicines during coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
The NHS in Hertfordshire is urging people to continue to order their prescriptions as normal during the coronavirus pandemic.
Community pharmacies across the county are experiencing an increase in demand as some people look to stock up on medicines.
They are calling for people to only order the medicines they usually use – allowing extra time for the order to be processed - order electronically if they can, and only request delivery if they fall into a high risk category.
Helen Musson, chief officer for Community Pharmacy Hertfordshire, said: “We are asking you to support the health and wellbeing of your neighbours and your pharmacies by ordering only what you need and ordering online if possible.
“Pharmacies can cope with your usual requests, but if people decide to stock up then we will find it more difficult to supply the essential medicines people need.
You may also want to watch:
“Pharmacies are currently experiencing increased demand, resulting in it taking longer to turn around prescription orders, which is leading to queues outside pharmacies.
“Ordering prescriptions as normal means pharmacies can process them more quickly and reduce the risk of spreading the virus by minimising queues.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
“Please support your pharmacy staff, who are working very hard at this challenging time, by only ordering the medicines you require.”