Herts Angels organises Easter treats for children at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital and care home residents – but more donations still needed
- Credit: Archant
Children at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital will get a special Easter treat when characters from their favourite Disney films deliver festive goodies to the children’s ward.
Volunteers for the newly established Herts Angels charity have been busy collecting eggs, teddies and other treats, which they will place in Easter baskets and deliver dressed in costumes provided by Knebworth’s Fancy Pants – Fancy Dress Hire shop.
Due to the community’s generosity, baskets will also be delivered to residents with dementia at Pinelodge Care Home in Graveley Road, who will have the chance to play games and be entertained by a female singer.
Herts Angels founder Max Taylor said: “Herts Angels aims to spread some smiles and help children have a better life.
“Our sponsors have been really generous helping us out, but we still need a few more donations.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Minibus Hire will be transporting baskets for free, with donations also received from Stevenage Waitrose. To donate call Max on 07376 375677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision