Hertfordshire’s Year of Physical Activity 2018 launches
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire is getting active in 2018 with a new campaign.
Launching on New Year’s Day, Hertfordshire’s Year of Physical Activity 2018 sees 12 exercise-themed months – with hopes that more people will become involved in sport and physical activity.
Research showed one in five adults in Herts do less than 30 minutes of activity a week, inspiring 10 councils including North Herts and Stevenage to create the campaign.
Councillor Jane Gray, executive member for leisure at North Herts District Council, said: “If it inspires even just a few people to take up a new sport or physical activity it will have been a success.
“But we are aiming big, and anticipate getting many hundreds, if not thousands, of people engaged in YOPA activities during 2018, making Hertfordshire the most active county in the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Herts YOPA opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For opportunities in the North Herts area contact active communities assistant, Hannah Young on email@example.com or call 01462 474388.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision