Hertfordshire MS Therapy Centre wins cash after Letchworth community vote
- Credit: Archant
A therapy centre which supports people with multiple sclerosis has been presented with £500 after winning a community vote.
TThe Hertfordshire MS Therapy Centre in Letchworth GC was awarded the money following a community cash back campaign organised by the Garden Square Shopping Centre and backed by the Comet.
The shopping centre in Central Approach launched the initiative in March where visitors collected tokens when spending cash in store and voted for one of 21 community schools and groups.
Over five weeks more than 22,000 votes were collected with the therapy centre just beating Home Start North Herts to first place.
Charlene Redmond, community fundraiser at Herts MS Therapy Centre in Campus Five, was presented with the £500 cheque on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The Herts MS Therapy Centre and its members would like to thank Garden Square Shopping Centre, the community cash back campaign and the Letchworth public for their support. The money will be put towards delivering the much needed therapies to our members, to enable them to stay as active and as mobile for as long as possible, therefore helping to improve their quality of life.”
Paul Haynes, centre manager at Garden Square Shopping Centre, said: “I would like to congratulate the Herts MS Therapy Centre on their success in the community cash back campaign. I am thrilled that the shopping centre has been able to support this local cause and that the prize will have such a positive impact.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
“The support for local schools, charities and community groups throughout the campaign was tremendous and I would like to think we can run this campaign again in the future.”
An open day is being held at the centre in Campus Five today (Saturday) from 10am to 1pm, where free treatments will be available to try.
To find out more log on to www.hertsmstherapy.org.uk