Hertfordshire man arrested for terror offences at Gatwick Airport after flying from Iraq
- Credit: PA
A man from Hertfordshire has been arrested at Gatwick Airport on suspicion of preparing terror acts.
Police confirmed today that a 44-year-old man was detained at the airport in Sussex yesterday for terror offences.
The man had arrived at the airport on a flight from Iraq.
Scotland Yard would not confirm where in Hertfordshire the man is from at this stage.
A spokesman from the Met Police Service Counter Terrorism Command said: “As a result of enquiries a decision was made to arrest the man under section 5 of the Terrorism Act – suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and taken to a central London police station yesterday where he remains in custody.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed