Spready Mercury named the Comet’s new gritter
- Credit: Photo supplied
The people have spoken. After seeing off the challenge from Grita Ora and Basil Salty, the Comet can today announce that Spready Mercury will be etched on to the side of our gritter in 2020.
Back in November, the Comet announced a new competition giving our readers the chance to name a new gritter on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council.
After a well-fought, spirited process - which some have said has restored their faith in democracy - Spready Mercury emerged last week as the public favourite.
Many congratulations to Raj Kaur Clarke for submitting the winning entry.
Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to say hello if you see Spready on your way!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus